Social Media Team –
Shiv Venkatram – Coordinator
Radhika Mohan – Coordinator
Venkat Prasad – Coordinator
Abhiramy Logeswaran – Member
Divya Dayal – Member – Not confirmed yet.
Arun Kumar – Member – Not confirmed yet.
Krithika Ravi – Member
Ravi (Temple) – Member
Who’ll post what?
Shiv – Major events and follow-up posts for major events.
Radhika – Religious events & services, patasala & senior center events and activities.
Prasad – Religious events (in coordination with Radhika) and outreach.
Abiramy – Akshayam and outreach.
Krithika – Patasala and outreach.
Ravi (Temple) – Religious events.
- We have thousands of followers in social media (FB, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube) and so, the social media team must observe the following:
- Responsibility — All our posts are on behalf of the Temple and therefore this is a serious responsibility. Please ensure that the posts are respectful, accurate and timely. Having accepted the responsibility, we must ensure that we are meticulous to post $$$$
- Accuracy — Please review your posts multiple times for accuracy in terms of —
- Date, time, locations, names..
- Consistency — The main sources for our posts are the Temple website and flyers. We must follow the same spelling, terminology, and language. If you would like to use any other pictures or language, please get prior approval from the Temple office *BEFORE* posting.
When to post?
Religious events – Forenoons – preferably before 11 a.m. and evenings after 7 p.m.
All other events – Afternoons – preferably after 3 p.m.
Please avoid multiple postings within 4 to 6 hours. This is to ensure that our followers do not miss earlier post in a day.
Some inputs, ideas, protocols..
All FB posts are automatically posted to Temple’s Twitter account.
Please limit posts about an event to 3 to 4 times – 30 days, 15 days, 1 week, 1 day.
Keep the posts crisp and concise. If there is an elaborate explanation / text, write a few lines and point to a web location.
Our posts must have consistent language and message. So, please follow the protocols.
Our posts must be enthusiastic and motivating rather than dull notifications!
Please avoid abbreviations, if you can, including Sun for Sunday and Mon for Monday.
Date format – Month Date, Year (Day) – February 2, 2017 (Thursday)
- February 2 (Thursday) – good
- February 2, 2017 (Thursday) – good
- 02/01/2017 — bad
- Feb 2 (Thu) – bad
- Thursday, February 2 – bad
- February 2, 2017 (thursday) – bad
Time format – HH:MM a.m. or p.m.
- 2:30 p.m. – good
- 3 p.m. – good
- 2.30 pm – bad
- 2:30 pm – bad
Venue and time format – Time – Date – Venue
- 2:30 p.m. – February 2, 2017 (Thursday) – Saraswati Hall
- Venue: Saraswati Hall Time: 3 p.m. – bad
- February 2, 2017 at Saraswati Hall – bad
Please include photos / flyers.. Max images about 10 per post. If you have more images, please create an album.
Please avoid too-formal or too-casual language.
The only emoji that we use in posts is a simple smiley! Please avoid other emojis as they will dilute the seriousness of the post.
Please DO NOT SHOW / SHARE Facebook or website passwords. NEVER!
Please, please do not message or contact any of our FB followers directly from Temple FB account. NEVER! Also, please avoid sending friendship requests through Temple FB page.
Shiv will respond to inbound FB messages and reviews for the Temple.
In posts, always invite and motivate followers to visit the Temple –
- All are welcome to participate in this auspicious pooja and seek the blessings of Šri Mahã Lakshmi for happiness, peace and prosperity for the entire family.
Please sponsor the lakshãrchana generously and support the Temple.
Sponsorship: Laksharchana – All days – $251, Per day – $41, Per Session – $12.
Please call the Temple at (718) 460 8484 extn 112 to sponsor Temple poojas and events.
- The Temple opens at 7:30 a.m. on weekends and stays open till 9 p.m. Please come with your family and friends to celebrate Makara Sankrãnti (Pongal) at the Temple and offer prayers to Šri Ayyappa.
Please see previous posts for samples.
DO NOT PROMOTE LIVE STREAMING! We need devotees to come to Temple, so please post about live streaming just about 15 minutes before events.
Use the same spelling and language as in Temple flyer. Temple office will send both an image file and a PDF version of the flyer. Copy the text from the PDF file to avoid typos and errors in schedules.
Please avoid mentioning the names of any individuals in posts without prior permission from Temple office. Of course, names of speakers or performers must be mentioned in posts!
Please do not write / post / share / re-post about other religious institutions or other organizations without prior written permission from Temple office.
Please do not any responses or opinions about political or other happenings!
If you wish to add / modify / remove any protocols, please do let me know!